Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A new chapter...

Fours hours gone to Charleroi and fours hours back, ha ha ha, it was wonderful! To see the countryside, the cities, and the traffic on a train is for me a no choice. But today, it was forced upon me.
Why do we, of all the species on earth, make sures that our inheritors, aka children, would have to have the best of everything and should be better than what we experienced and had??? Sometimes it drives me in knots.
Looking back, and being sentimental, I hardly had a very good childhood, as far as i can remember. The only best thing that I cherished is that my big sister, Aileen, and still is, was there all the time for me. My parents are the typical parents,you may not skip school and uphold perfect attendance! We, the children always questions, why and why and why, the parents authority, and me, I just play along with it. Not knowing or fully understanding it is for our own good!
Then reality hits you when finally you have your own children!!! Of having to worry how would they grow and how would they be able to make it in life out there, I don't like the feeling of insecurity, which is by far very normal among parents, but there is always the "if"....and it never ends.
We, the parents, in the end are the one true responsible over our own children, to guide them and help them until the time comes that they can be independent and take over the responsibilities. Easily said than done. I surely remembered the time that I took responsibility over myself, and yes, it was a wonderful feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment